Search the Ask Experts question database, to see if the topic related to your question has already been answered.

Can you will about a property where you do not have a clear title but you are a clear inheritor from a deceased person who died intestate?

No. But a person can make a will for undivided share in the property.When there is no Will, in such cases, “the legal heirs of the person can appoint amongst themselves one or more administrators who then obtain Letters of Administration to the estate of such person”. The distribution can be decided mutually or can be settled by the court. All the legal heirs can pass on their rights mutually to a single heir or to another person.

Subscribe to updates

Stay up to date with information you can use. From health and money to entertainment and special offers, the Samarth newsletter is your weekly source of insights to help get more out of life.

Click to Listen