According to research by Economic Times, published in December 2019, healthcare cards can significantly reduce costs of healthcare, especially for senior citizens. The five basic features listed by ET are:
1. Healthcare discount cards offer discounts on hospitalisation, diagnostic tests and consultation fees for a membership fee.
2. These cards offer more customers to the hospitals, diagnostic centres and doctors for a discount on their services.
3. The benefits of the card can be availed by an individual or by a family with a cap on the number of members.
4. Since healthcare insurances are hospitalisation driven and do not cover any of these costs, the discount offered significantly reduces healthcare expense.
5. This service is not regulated. The choice and quality of the service providers offering discount need to be vetted before purchasing the card.
Samarth Community, India’s largest community for senior citizens, has partnered with over 9000, hospitals, clinics, labs, pharmacies and other healthcare service providers to provide discounts to senior citizens for not only hospitalisation, consultations, diagnostics, and medicines, but also healthcare support at home, senior care equipment, second opinions, appointment booking, medicine home delivery etc.
Under Samarth Health Privilege plan, available at a nominal cost to all senior citizens of India, you can expect up to 40% discount on various medical costs. You can buy it for yourself or as a couple of card with your spouse. For more details, please visit www.samarth.community/healthplan or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more on the Economic times’ research, please visit https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/save/5-things-you-should-know-about-healthcare-discount-cards/articleshow/72601297.cms